SEO Copywriting is one of the most ground elements and also a challenging task for Search Engine Optimization. It has posed as an emerging challenge in the continuous efforts for reaching better rankings in search engines. The art of SEO Copywriting is important since it needs to be perfectly blended with the concoction of SEO strategies to please the ever demanding search engines.
The following short and practical tips on SEO Copywriting will guide you to improve your art and techniques of Keyword Research.
Many professionals are of the belief that SEO Keyword Research takes away the fun and creative pleasure out of writing. Keywords research sounds like a boring process, but it is not. This is essential for developing SEO friendly articles for your target audience and posting it on your website or blogs. So lets take to you through this practical guide that has been compiled with inputs from our topmost SEO professionals:
SEO is a comprehensive process
Search Engine Optimization is a holistic process, which mainly aims at developing and maintaining an optimal website on the client’s behalf so that it can be crawled by search engine spiders and the ranking will automatically go higher. But the methods of SEO should not be such that there is no relevance or less readability. This will definitely take the cheese off the readers’ cakes.
Google is not partial to any website or website owner. The primary motive of Google is to provide the customers the most relevant and suitable “searching” experience based on their search parameters. To give its customers smoother services, it continuously makes efforts by improving its already advanced techniques such as crawling and indexing. Nobody would want to use Google as a search engine if it failed to deliver what the customer has been seeking. Your SEO strategy must aim to acquire a higher rank at Google to beat other competitors in your niche market.
This of course would need some compelling efforts to help your pages with good keyword research. It is not finding keywords and stacking words after words. The appeal, the readability and the structure of your page content is very important. The technical team that takes care of your website’s SEO design and content should be excellent and such aspects have to be flawless. Get your website content written in a way so that it serves the interest of your audience. Never compromise with the content quality; but at the same time, allow your SEO masters to optimize the content suiting the needs of the search engines. Remember- any writer may write a thousand pages for you, but he may not essentially be a good SEO copywriter. The power of good partnership with a good SEO service provider can do magic to your website ranking.
Keyword Research- should be your first step
A writer has so little to do with, when beginning to start this process. The first step should be to employ some SEO experts for keyword research and to find suitable topics to write. Finding topics that suit the tastes of readers and also finding relevant keywords is the first step towards a successful writing. Keyword research is a process that involves a number of activities for finding an extensive list of keywords and phrases that should be used for ranking purposes.
Generally keyword research involves these steps:
- Keep in mind what is your website about. Keeping that in mind, find out steps that would make your website contentstand out and different from other competitors. How could you make the same topic or subject special? Your content should clearly reflect the mission of your website, it should give the readers enough reasons to believe why your website is the best.
- What your website deals in? Find out all relevant keywords and make a list of words that could be used as search terms to find your site. These are the list of keywords which you want your website to be found for. These may be combined with other words or phrases, but mainly- these are the chief terms. Experts need to use research tools to find the perfect keywords. Then you should be able to organize the list based on the priority. Some keywords will be really important and some less important. Arrange them in order, so that necessary action may be taken while writing content.
- Leading the right keyword to the right landing page is the last but not the least important task of the keyword research method. Visitors would reach your website through these landing pages, when they type a particular keyword. Experts can tailor these landing pages with different keywords. That means a landing page may be dedicated destination for one or more specific keywords. The keyword need not necessarily be the topic of the page, but a part of the content placed cleverly in suitable places. Also keep the audience in mind while you are writing.
WRITING THE ARTICLE
There are many advantages of choosing the right keyword lists. You not only benefit in terms of SEO, but also a writer can find a direction to write without facing the writer’s block. Keywords can help in content flow, and the writer can plan placing these keywords in the right places in the article rather than writing any random article and adding the keywords forcefully into it later.
Writing an Article needs experience, focus and dedication. After deciding the topic, keywords and the target audience the main task starts. It is not sitting in front of the computer and typing words, not simple as that. The writing process has to cover three important phases-
|PREPARATION 40%||WRITING 30%||EDITING/ MAKING CORRECTIONS 30%|
The SEO copywriting process starts with preparation. Do not start abruptly. Take time to sit down and plan. Prepare your raw materials and make your mind ready before you start writing.
The writer should have clear answers about a certain number of questions, such as:
- What are you going to write? What is the motive behind this writing? What is the goal behind this writing?
- What is the central theme of your article? What is the main inline message?
- Who are your target audience/readers?
- What research/information do you need for writing this article?
- Have you decided about any structure or ideal pattern for the article? Draw the rough sketch on a rough piece of paper.
Your website subject and the clients will help you to determine the central theme for writing and also to find out who the target readers will be. You will have to write in a way so that it can catch the readers’ attention. You have to find proper structures for the article so that it could catch the attention of the readers. A writer needs to plan and think of an article structure at the outset. What should he begin with, what should the middle part contain and how should the finishing be… everything should be planned earlier. The article structure should not be too complicated as readers do not like indulging in complex write ups.
THE WRITING PROCESS
After you have spent sufficient time in research and preparation, the writing should take around 30% of your time. Now you know what should be written, who your target audience is, what are the keywords and you have already planned the structure too. So just write, start writing down. Words will come. If you are not certain about the beginning, start writing randomly from any part. You can always polish things up and rearrange sentences later. Check for grammar and punctuation. Do not add up too many complicated phrases as common readers are not fond of complicated words. The flow of writing should be natural. You could add some humor or element of suspense to keep the reader glued till the end. Always guard the original structure and do not deviate from it.
You could research and read articles from popular and famous websites to get inspiration. There are many amusing samples of articles on the internet written by experts with elements of humor and a lot of skills. Such readable, fluent articles should be studied before writing your article. You could develop your writing style from international blogs, magazines etc. Make a nice readable draft.
EDITING/ MAKING CORRECTIONS
After your draft is made, you could reread it for a few times and ask your colleagues to do the same. Your clients could go through this and suggest any corrections if necessary. Always remember- the first draft can always be improved. If you find that any part of the article is complex- simplify it, if there is any lack of information, add necessary information into that. Read in different moods to find out how you could improve the draft and make it more SEO friendly. Take advice from SEO experts, they may comment on the density or usage of keywords. You could also add links to reference articles or articles to your blogs or website by hyperlinking them. Check for headings and subheadings. Does your article have a suitable title? Is the message clear enough? Are the paragraphs readable, or too long? These are a few questions you should check before making the final version of the draft. Ideal time for writing and finalizing an article is 48 hours to 5 days.
Although SEO copywriting seems to be a rigid and strict process, you could make it fun filled if you take the above steps in good mood. It is something that can highlight your website, so strengthen this practice.
Distributed by Web Brain InfoTech
Company Name: Web Brain InfoTech
Contact Person: Rahul
Address: 40, 1st Floor, Hasanpur Village
City: New Delhi